03 April 2012
Facebook Page Administration: Personal vs. Brand Posts
You’ve created a Facebook Page for your business and are the administrator. Should you post as yourself or as your company when you make posts on your brand’s Facebook Page?
I recommend a 90/10 split. Post as your company’s brand on your company’s Facebook Page 90% of the time. If you wish to promote a special event at your company or something else that you think your personal friends might be interested in as well, you can post as yourself 10% of the time. Keep in mind that your personal Facebook friends like and support you, but may not want to be apprised of everything that is happening on your company’s Page, so use this with discretion.
How do you post as yourself vs. your company?
Follow these simple steps:
- Go to your company’s Facebook Page.
- Click the down arrow on “Manage” and select “Edit Page”.
- Select “Your Settings”.
- De-select the check box next to “posting preferences”.
- Save Changes.
- Post as yourself on your Page.
- When you’re done, don’t forget to change your Posting Preferences back by checking the check box next to “Posting Preferences” and clicking the “Save Changes” button.
Thanks for following our blog, Valarie. I post on Social Media fairly frequently. I try to share with our readers information I have learned. For a list of Facebook blogs, search on “Facebook” in the search field in the title bar at the top of any page.