23 October 2012
Facebook Functionality If you are an administrator on your brand’s Facebook Page, by now, you are probably aware that Facebook implemented functionality to allow you to schedule Facebook posts on your Page. The scheduling tool is a lot more cumbersome than other scheduling tools such as Hootsuite, but I’ve read that Facebook places a higher degree of importance on posts scheduled directly thru Facebook, so accept that it is unwieldy and move on. To Schedule or Not to Schedule….THAT is the Question There are stalwart experts in both thought camps:
- Social media is all about engaging, thus all of your posts should be spontaneous vs.
- It’s more efficient to schedule posts in advance
- Begin by clicking on one of the icons to create a new post.
- Fill in the information, upload a picture, etc., as if you were going to post immediately.
- Instead of clicking “Post”, click on the clock icon in the lower right corner of the window.
- Select the year, month, day, hour, and minute that you want the post to be published.
- Click “Schedule”. (Note the “Post” button changed to “Schedule” when you clicked on the clock icon.)
What is your perspective on scheduling posts?